Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Serial Number activation key Manifold 8
mao90210
84 post(s)
#18-May-23 04:40

Good day, everyone.

I have a problem with my Manifold 8. This is the third time I've used my serial key to run Manifold 8 on the same unit (a new desktop), and now I've run out of serial keys. I originally had five serial keys after purchasing the software, with two already used for my laptop and old desktop.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason behind this? Please help me with what I should do about this.

Thank you.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-05-18 121651.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-18 122109.jpg

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#18-May-23 05:31

Do you have any idea what could be the reason behind this?

You've overlooked something simple. Activation is really simple so it's always something simple, one of the items mentioned in the troubleshooting page.

For example, one of the images you've attached says "Serial number activated on a different system. No available activations." That confirms your license has no problem contacting the activation servers, and that your or somebody else has installed that license on a different computer.

It sounds like you or somebody else is trying to use the same license on multiple computers simultaneously.

For example, if you gave your serial number to somebody else to use, when they install it for use on their computer that uses up an activation and revokes it for use on your computer. When you go to use the license on your computer it pops up a message that it's been moved, so if you activate it on your computer that uses up an activation and revokes it on their computer. Going back and forth like that will wipe out activations quickly.

Those activations grow back, so you can move a license around from computer to computer, but you can't do that more than a few times per year. If you move a license from computer to computer faster than the licenses grow back, sooner or later you'll get the message you attached.

You can't really get help on specifics in this forum because a) you can't publish to the forum detailed info, like the serial number you're using, etc, or b) get into detailed activation discussions without violating the terms of the forum. Instead, do what the troubleshooting page tells you to do to get FREE help:

Please see the Activation Supportpage for information on contacting tech support for priority assistance with any serial number or activation question. No tech support token is required for activation questions using the given procedure.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.