When you look at providing the Web Services data (GeoJSON, Raster, Protobuf) using WFS, WMS, WMTS, TMS etc. you also need to consider hosting and licensing as they will likely be hosted in large scale environments with many dynamic instances.
Ex, running as:
- Windows Service in static VM / Dedicated hardware
- Auto-scaled cloud VM (scaled up with additional instances based on load or schedule)
- Container in a single host
- Container in a cluster and managed by Kubernetes, with scaling instances up and down
- How do we manage the licenses and keep them assigned to the hosts?
- Could we buy 10 server licenses, deploy a cluster with 5 containers that can auto-scale with another 5 when required?
- Where would we configure license keys? Maybe it's time for a license server/service again? or just a S3 bucker/Blob storage location with a license file which the cluster can access?
Looking forward to using Manifold for web projects.