Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Problem with the rtree index of images
LeRepère
148 post(s)
#19-May-22 19:20

Version 9.0.176.4 does not build automatically the rtree index of imported images anymore. Unless I misunderstood, it seems to be impossible to create one from the Schema as well.

I just checked, version 9.0.176.0 automatically introduces the rtree. Someone can confirm this.

danb

1,935 post(s)
#19-May-22 20:32

It seems to work ok for me ...

This was just a random image RGB image from my computer that i imported. Is the image you are having problems with publicly available?

Landsystems Ltd ... Know your land | www.landsystems.co.nz

Dimitri

7,025 post(s)
#20-May-22 06:21

Works fine for me. Also, it works fine for adding rtree indices in the Schema.

Could it be that you are working with a read-only image, for example, from a read-only data source? You can't make changes to a read-only image.

LeRepère
148 post(s)
#20-May-22 12:48

Thank you for your answers. According to my tests today with TIF files, it's the ones larger than ±160 MB that cause the problem. Below this threshold, the files are well integrated in 176.4.

Dimitri

7,025 post(s)
#20-May-22 13:19

160 MB are tiny images for 9. Using 176.4 I've been adding rtree indices to images that are over 30 GB each.

But, you didn't answer my question... are you working with read-only images?

It's most likely something simple like that. To help you find the problem, we need to know everything you are doing, every step of the way starting with the original TIF file you have, how you import or link it, exactly how you are trying to add an rtree index, and so on.

It also helps if you post someplace where people can download it an example of a TIFF file with which you have trouble. Then people can repeat your workflow step by step.

For example, using 176.4 I just imported an NAIP TIF file that's about 440 GB. Here's the schema, complete with rtree index:

Attachments:
tif_import.png

LeRepère
148 post(s)
#20-May-22 14:53

The files used are not read only. This morning's test was done with Mfd 176.0 and 176.4. In version 176.0 the tif files are well indexed, while in version 176.4, the spatial index rtree is absent.

The procedure is very simple. I drop the tif files in the project window. Whether in linked or imported mode, the findings are the same: no automatic creation of the rtree spatial index in version 176.4.

You are right, it is possible to add a spatial rtree index. This manual operation corrects the problem.

adamw

10,011 post(s)
#20-May-22 13:43

Can you post a link to an example file?

LeRepère
148 post(s)
#20-May-22 14:54

You'll find tif file at https://we.tl/t-LPht2MT0m2. Thank you for your diligence.

adamw

10,011 post(s)
#20-May-22 16:35

I see the issue. (We made various improvements to TIFF, the issue is related to that. If the file is linked, the rendering works perfectly fine through the BTREE index thanks to the new logic in the dataport. If the file is imported, however, the dataport is no longer there and the BTREE index is not enough to render intermediate levels. So we have a regression on that particular file and files similar to it.)

We will fix this. Thanks a lot for the report!

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.