Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - matrix transformation using external reference / second selection ( point line)
lionel

873 post(s)
#01-Jan-22 21:55

when <e apply transform , the transformation apply refer to reference specific to each geom. Is there in manifold 9 a way to apply matrix transformation refer to specific point for rotation for example or use line to define how mirror data should be transform ?

We could go to each coordinnate of shape , go to branch and then coordinate and modify by script all the coordinates but i think their must be a better simple way to do that ?

there are matrix for raster but don't find matrix for vector !

thank's

2D affine transformation matrix - Transformation matrix - Wikipedia

union, doc , APIand most important deepl & keyboard shortcut

lionel

873 post(s)
#01-Jan-22 22:22

is there C# library that let us use/Apply matrix with manifold object ?

There is in manifold StringJsonTile matrix filter for raster so why not matrix for vector Drawing ?

thank's

adamw

9,817 post(s)
#05-Jan-22 14:21

There's no transform / query function that would apply a matrix to coordinate values in a geom, but you can code such a function in SQL / script. Alternatively, you can use CoordConverterMakeWarpNumeric with type = 1 (order 1, affine) to create an affine warp, taking source and target locations of three non-collinear points as a definition, then use CoordConvert to convert geoms.

lionel

873 post(s)
#16-Jan-22 22:29

I test the register with control point using 4 points .

The preview show me the hemicycle in the good place but don't succeed to save the previiew by clicking on "register" = "save?" !!

manifold doc has a documentation for register raster using control point but here i want to register drawing ( where coordinate is know) using control point to do a mirror translation refer to axe P1 P4 !

the problem is that the new drawing is create but manifold don't show focus on that knew drawing that has been create!! so all is ok ..Thank's a lot for the trick !!

Attachments:
hemicycle_register_controlPoint.png

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.