Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - geometry with Z/M, GP11 extensions !
lionel

834 post(s)
#17-Nov-21 18:08

at GeoPackage Implementations about radian , i can read this :

• Radian Studio is a new Windows data engineering environment for GIS and DBMS that blends geospatial and traditional data capabilities. Radian automatically runs fully many-core CPU parallel and also massively GPU parallel using thousands of cores as a GPU DBMS. Radian has built-in GeoPackage support for full read/write of vectors and rasters, including read/write of WKB curves, geometry with Z/M, GP11 extensions, rasters with pyramids and full coordinate system support including SRIDs for GPKG coordinate systems.

What mean geometry with Z/M, GP11 extensions ?

Thank's

union, doc , APIand most important deepl & keyboard shortcut

oeaulong

364 post(s)
#17-Nov-21 23:10

geometry with Z means that it can store Z values as a third axes. I don't know of the "M" or "GP11". I know that this write-up seems dated and there should be an update on that site at GeoPackage Implementations. Old news.

artlembo

3,222 post(s)
#17-Nov-21 23:46

M are measures. Usually used in linear reference systems.

GP11 should mean Geopackage 1.1.

lionel

834 post(s)
#24-Nov-21 04:03

I start learn C# and really like nuget and repository like github. Many project use Geopackage.

A GeoPackage contains a value in the user_version field of the SQLite database header to indicate its version. The value is a 5-digit integer with a one-digit major version, two-digit minor version, and two-digit bug-fix. Version 1.2, this is 10200 (Hex: 00 00 27 D8).Magic numbersHex: 47 50 4B 47

ASCII: GKPG

In the application_id field (byte offset 68) of the SQLite database header. Specific to GeoPackage files. Applies to Version 1.2 and greater Version 1.0 has value "GP10". Version 1.1 has value "GP11".

I will test with a hex editor...

https://www.loc.gov/preservation/digital/formats/fdd/fdd000520.shtml

union, doc , APIand most important deepl & keyboard shortcut

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.