Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - seelec tsmall line tricky but edit without succeed
lionel

995 post(s)
#12-Nov-21 06:04

Hi

I have a <Geom area> call "area" and two lines: one line that is inside area call "small line" ( but edge have common points) and another line that cross the same area call "big line" ( ie ..long line) .

i succeed to select ( select mode: Ctrl Click highlight red) the "small line" using gui drawing buti don't succeed to be able to edit the small line ( edit mean to have acces to info -> coordinate blue) .

All ( select & edit) work well with <Geom Line> call "big line" . ( "triangle" name is not use )

on the captureScreen below : the 2 lines are selected ( red) , the "big line" is in edit mode ( Alt + click / Blue).( Sql is not use , Label color don't update of name column !)

any help ?

Attachments:
edit_small-line.png
select line.map

Book about Science , cosmological model , Interstellar travels

Boyle surface fr ,en

geozap
264 post(s)
#12-Nov-21 09:13

I tried it and I got the same behavior.

But if you delete the area, then you can edit the small line.

Maybe we are missing something about selection. Maybe the area is like "on top" and "hides" the line when it comes to editing?

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#12-Nov-21 10:28

There's a topic for that: Example: Edit Covered Objects

lionel

995 post(s)
#12-Nov-21 11:04

the rule is to test without modify the table content. @yve61 has find the trick but difficult to use if many many items/Row are in the table !

Boyle surface fr ,en

yves61
438 post(s)
#12-Nov-21 09:37

Lionel,

Indeed, as the small line is completely contained within the "area", selecting the "small line" within the "area" boundaries will select the "area" . The same is true for selecting the "big line" unless you click on the "big line" outside the "area". A selection tool ( choose point, line, area if and when needed) - like available in M8 - would come in handy for such cases.

But you can move to the "small line" using the left or right arrow keys in the "info pane" . Handy for your example but less handy as soon as you have over 20 objects in the map. Or select the line buy selecting the line in the "table", or using another query, .... sure there are other possibilities, but personally a object type selection tool as in M8 could be useful.

yves61
438 post(s)
#12-Nov-21 10:31

Lionel. If multiple objects are on the clicked location M9 seems to pick the first record (object) in the table which is in your example the "area". In the info pane, if you want to see the "values" or "coordinates " of other objects you may use the left and arrow keys in the info pane.

lionel

995 post(s)
#12-Nov-21 10:53

Thank's a lot for this trick ! but if i have many many items it could take time to ( random) to go to "small line" ! .But yes the arrow is a way to achieve edit of the "small line"..i ll read the doc "Covered objects". but it is strange that for select something/one item in a drawing we have to read documentation !

Attachments:
arrows_panes.png

Boyle surface fr ,en

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.