Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Project pane is lost.
bdg63 post(s)
#04-Sep-21 23:18

I can readily add or delete the other panes but Project Pane seems to have gone belly up. When I click View->Panes->Project the title bar turns white and nothing seems to happen. At that point a click anywhere will return the title bar back to the normal color but the Project Pane never appears. The log pane shows no error message.

Build 9.0.175.0

CPU:AMD Ryzen9 4900HS with Radeon Graphics

GPU: CUDA (GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q Design (7.5))

RAM: 15790 MB

While preparing this message I noticed that File->Recent Projects->SomeProject also leaves the title bar white. The log pane shows SomeProject is opened. This appears to happen with manifold-9.0.174.4-x64, manifold-9.0.174-x64, and manifold-9.0.175-x64. I know the two former entries worked properly in the past. No clue about what has changed since. The problem also happens with 32bit versions.

Any guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#05-Sep-21 06:37

Are you using Remote Desktop or similar, or running with multiple monitors? It could be the project pane is opening off screen.

bdg63 post(s)
#05-Sep-21 11:23

Thank you Dimitri. That was the culprit.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#05-Sep-21 15:30

I use RDP a lot, so that's a regular issue for me when I RDP into a machine with multiple monitors but I use only one screen for RDP. I've sent in suggestions to add a "dock all" or "gather all" (reposition all undocked panes within the extents of the Manifold desktop) command in the View menu to bring all undocked panes and windows to where you can see them, if they're scattered off the RDP screen.

You can find them all now with RDP by telling RDP to use all monitors, but sometimes I don't want to do that.

artlembo

3,400 post(s)
#06-Sep-21 17:01

Just for clarity sake, I believe that under 8, using a remote desktop connection was not permissible under the license agreement. With the new “apple tree“ licensing, is it permissible to have the software installed on one computer but you access it from multiple remote sites? that would be great.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#06-Sep-21 18:47

Yes. If the software is installed on a computer you can access it via RDP.

lionel

995 post(s)
#06-Sep-21 18:07

I knew in my work an advertising agency which used a software (to manage a park of screen) which it paid in my opinion the license only once.

All the users had an account /Desktop (login and password) on the remote server.

I tested locally for manifold and several instances can be used/created. If this was forbidden, the manifold software would block the creation of multiple instances? Which is not the case!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Book about Science , cosmological model , Interstellar travels

Boyle surface fr ,en

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.