Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Relative Path Issue
SeaTrails
849 post(s)
#21-Dec-06 15:41

Problem: Manifold is storing absolute paths when linking to .csv files, rather than relative paths as stated in the Help File(Importing and Linking Tables topic): Linked tables are saved within Manifold projects using relative pathnames. Moving a .map file that contains a linked table will preserve the link to the table provided that the relative path from the .map file to the linked table file has not changed. To reproduce: 1. Open a blank map file and create a simple table. 2. Export that table in .csv format. 3. Save the map file into the same folder that you saved the .csv file. 4. Delete the table. 5. Link that .csv file back in using the link>table dialog. 6. Save and Exit from the map file. 7. Physically move (do not copy) both the .map and .csv files to another folder. 8. Open the .map file and examine its status through its properties. The 'linked from' shows the original file location.

Is this a bug or am I using it wrong?

BCowper

1,275 post(s)
#24-Jun-16 19:18

Only took 10 years give or take, but I found answer to the same issue of relative paths not working. For me it turned out that I was using UNC paths to link to a table (Access database). When I switched to linking via a mapped letter drive (V:) relative paths worked as advertised in Manifold.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.