Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Cannot change text colors of legend elements
orerockon

392 post(s)
#08-Nov-06 05:18

When customizing a legend, text colors in the "text" box for each element do not work. I click the font symbol, change the color to something other than the default under Effects, and click OK. No change. Other effects, i.e. strikeout and underline, do work, just not text color. All legend text, except for the heading, is therefore forced to be black. I am assuming this is a bug.

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#08-Nov-06 06:35

This is a missing feature. :-) I have added a request to customize the text color of individual legend elements into the wishlist for future editions.

You could have achieved the same effect without the risk of your forum post going unnoticed, by emailing sales@manifold.net. If you have ideas for other improvements, please do not hesitate to send them by email to make sure they get entered into the wishlist, too.

jpcos42 post(s)
#11-Aug-09 21:05

I am still unable to change the font color of a legend item (8.013.0). The dialogue lets me select a font color, but it has no effect. What to do?

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#12-Aug-09 00:48

So send your feature request to sales@manifold.net, too. Each vote counts in competition for engeneering slots.

Do you really want to ruin economy only to save the planet?

steveFitz

340 post(s)
#15-Sep-14 04:34

As mentioned by jpcos back in 2009, the legend font colour picker makes no difference to the legend font colour. Still no change in 8.0.29.0 in 2014 unless I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone corroborate?

Steve

Graeme

990 post(s)
#15-Sep-14 05:46

Agreed Steve. This is not a property I've used, but seems default "black" persists, regardless of colour selected in the dialogue - looks a bit buggy, as the other customizable properties behave as expected.

ColinD

2,081 post(s)
#15-Sep-14 06:49

There is a trick that you can use as long as you don't need the legend caption. Hit the space bar once in the caption field then select your preferred color directly below the Align text box. This is global so you can't vary colors within a legend. If you enter text into the caption field it will all end up the same color.

Aussie Nature Shots

steveFitz

340 post(s)
#16-Sep-14 01:23

Colin,

I hadn't tried that.

It could be useful down the track but won't work for me because I was already trying another little trick to make the 'Area: Ellipse' symbol appear as a circle and not an oval.

I use the Area:Ellipse symbol with a font of about 18 pt in the Text field to make the ellipse stretch into a circle. I would (if I could) then change the 18 font to be coloured white so it can't be seen and put another text element in black above with a more sane font like 10 or 12.

Manifold can be very... tricky.

Steve

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.