Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Invalid key field value (null) when trying to draw entity
geozap
169 post(s)
#01-Apr-21 11:59

I import a dxf. Index is automatically created and objects are selectable and corodiantes are editable as they are expected to be.

When I try to add manually an area to the Drawing I get an "Invalid key field value (null)". To add the area one has to manually type a value at the key field (ObjId in my example) field. Is there a reason that manifold doesn't automaticaly add an index key value when a drawing comes from a dxf?

Attachments:
Invalid key field value.mxb

Dimitri

6,560 post(s)
#01-Apr-21 13:12

Is there a reason that manifold doesn't automaticaly add an index key value when a drawing comes from a dxf?

Yes, that field is not an mfd_id field, which is the field to use if you want an ID field automatically entered. See the Add an Index to a Table product.

adamw

9,588 post(s)
#02-Apr-21 14:24

We'll see if we can alter the DXF dataport to use MFD_ID (auto-filled and unique) instead of OBJID (not auto-filled, just made unique via adding a BTREE index). I suspect the reason is that object IDs in the DXF can be zeros, this is not allowed for MFD_ID. If so, maybe we'll think of some workaround.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2019 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.