Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - M9 IMS? and M9 license in VM?
jockeryl
174 post(s)
#28-Mar-21 05:29

1) I have tried to find any documentation on IMS capabilities in M9, is that supported yet as in M8?

2) If I install the M9 license in a VM, (VmWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure) is there any precautions or tips to take when backing up an restoring to avoid licensing issues? Any experience to share when changing VM sizing (adding more disk, CPU or memory). ?

The goal we have is to use M9 as backend processing platform and put a Web API in front to allow file upload or process data in Blob/S3 storage. This could be Vector data as well as Lidar point clouds.

Thanks

tjhb

9,700 post(s)
#28-Mar-21 06:06

1) No.

2) Basically can't. You can expect to have to reactivate after most virtual hardware changes, and even doing this would be a fundamental breach of licence.

3) (goal) Sounds like a great use of Manifold 9. You would expect to pay a bit more than $US95 for a backend platform that delivered that.

I suggest you get deeply into making suggestions. You might shape a new product that others can use as well.

adamw

9,588 post(s)
#29-Mar-21 08:57

The goal we have is to use M9 as backend processing platform and put a Web API in front to allow file upload or process data in Blob/S3 storage.

Do you mean running M9 in a cloud and have it serve pages via HTTP? If so, we don't have this yet, but we definitely have some plans.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2019 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.