Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - GIS procedures for hydropower potential spotting, surface tools optimisation and add-in devellopement
c.pierdet10 post(s)
#15-Nov-17 14:56

Hi all,

I come back with many questions... i want to devellop a procedure to estimate hydro potential in a area.

My procedure :

• 1)import surface
  • 2)draw river with surface tools (with a first criteria of min flow)
  • 3)find the potential sites with slopes criteria and draw a point

• 4)calculate upstream area with Surface tools for the point drawing before
  • 5) calculate the potential using meteo data for discharge and drop.

I have no problemes for 1 and 5

my problemes :

2) the calculation are quite long depanding on the surface it is possible do see the calculation code to optimize?

3) how can i create my point (maybe by using VB.NET) in picture 1

4) is it possible to automitize the entire processus?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments:
    Pic 1.PNG

• artlembo

3,400 post(s)
    #15-Nov-17 17:01

yes, this is easy to script in 8. However, I do agree, the upstream contributing area stuff does take time when you have a large watershed.

For the point, I guess the question is, what is it you want to do? Do you want to digitize a point? Do you already have point locations? Addresses? The key is that you will have to snap that point to the river.

art

c.pierdet10 post(s)
    #16-Nov-17 09:34

thanks for your answer!

Where i can find tutorial for script in manifold?

For the point i want creat new point in fonction of the slope ( see in pic1) in fact this point should be my potential intake.

Attachments:
    Pic 1.PNG

artlembo

3,400 post(s)
    #16-Nov-17 12:43

You can search the forum for lots of examples. But, a very fast way to get up and running would be to go through the gisadvisor.com training here.

c.pierdet10 post(s)
    #17-Nov-17 08:37

Thank you!

And do you have any idea about the points?

artlembo

3,400 post(s)
    #17-Nov-17 12:17

If it is based on some slope criteria then that should not be difficult at all. You can simply get those pixels and return the X,Y coordinates of them.

c.pierdet10 post(s)
    #22-Nov-17 15:29

thank you for your help i will try that :)

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.