Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Combining multiple map files into a single file.
iesoccer120 post(s)
#01-Dec-15 00:46

Is there a way to directly import Manifold map files into another map file without exporting to DWG or some other format?

I have a customer who loves the ability to search within their maps that are linked to their database and would like to have all of them in a single combined map.

So far I have only found a way to import map files by exporting them to DWG first. However, this brings the map into the master map with different ids and things don't stay tightly related to each other like they were in the original map (like labels to objects).

Is there a way to import these existing maps into a master map file and preserve the relationships between objects and the object ids, along with maybe the links to the database?

Thanks for your help.

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#01-Dec-15 08:10

File - Import Component ist closed you can get.

IDs will always change on import or other functions. These are manifolds IDs, not yours! Never use them for relations and joins.

Do you really want to ruin economy only to save the planet?

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#01-Dec-15 08:33

sorry, didn't read thoroughly. Data are linked from a database and I assume only the Drawing with keys to the data ist a manifold component.

Why don't you just copy the map file? There obviously something I don't understand in your data design.

mikedufty

871 post(s)
#02-Dec-15 08:26

Copy and Paste doesn't do it for you?

If you copy a map component from one map, and paste into another, it will bring all the drawings, labels etc in the map with it.

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#02-Dec-15 09:47

But it flattens links to local components.

mikedufty

871 post(s)
#03-Dec-15 02:22

Still a lot better than exporting to DWG

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#03-Dec-15 05:42

So the question is: How do we copy components linked to external data sources preserving the link?

My workaround is to use shared components.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.