Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Activation error
moish4 post(s)
#26-Aug-15 18:00

I just re-installed the 64-bit version of manifold. When I open the program and open a map file, everything works fine. But when I try to open a map file directly (without having manifold opened), I get the activation window. Manifold has already been activated, but it seems like this has something to do with the two versions of the program that are installed (32 and 64 bit). 32 works, 64 wont authenticate. And opening maps directly defaults to the un-authenticated 64 bit version of the program.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Changing the defaults for the programs hasn't helped, and I can't get the 64 bit version to activate.

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#26-Aug-15 21:58

Can you take that a bit more slowly? Step by step, as exactly as you can.

For example:

I just re-installed the 64-bit version of manifold.

"Reinstalled": was this a fresh installation (Manifold had never been installed previously on this installation of Windows) or a reinstallation (it had)? Which version of Manifold? 8.0.29? What version of Windows?

Did you read the Activation Guide before you began, and did you follow it exactly (especially regarding installing as the Administrator)?

How did you activate? What was the immediate result?

Next sentence:

When I open the program and open a map file, everything works fine.

Is this the case when you open Manifold 64-bit, as well as Manifold 32-bit?

Not clear (possibly contradictory, partly depending on the above):

Manifold has already been activated, ... 32 works, 64 wont authenticate.

What exactly do you do here, and see, using the two different versions?

Are you certain that you have a Manifold 64-bit serial number? Have you checked the original email? (I don't think you can activate just the 32-bit instance of 64-bit Manifold using a 32-bit serial number, but I'm not certain.)

Do check through the Actrivation Guide (again), and read the Activating Troubleshooting page (if you haven't).

moish4 post(s)
#26-Aug-15 22:15

I think I figured it out. I thought I had a license for the 64bit, but that was from the wrong work PC. I uninstalled the 64bit, installed the 32bit, and everything looked ok.

Thanks for the response

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.