Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Creating Drawing with areas not points from SQL query
hgmonaro45 post(s)
#18-Aug-15 02:31

Hi,

I'm using an SQL query to select a number of postcodes (zipcodes) and trying to create a new drawing. For simplicity I'm using the following (i.e. selecting everything):

SELECT * into tst FROM [POA_2011_AUST Table]

It creates the new table but it's not a drawing. I manually copy that table (tst) then 'paste as drawing' and get a drawing of points. Tried changing the Latitude/Longitude settings specified when doing the paste but haven't managed to find any option that uses the records geom(I) data to create an area rather then a point.

Ideally I'd like the SQL query to create a drawing component rather than a table. I figure I'm probably trying to do something not as simple as I'd like it to be.

Cheers, Nige

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#18-Aug-15 12:46

The essentIal piece of the puzzle that you're missing is how to link a new drawing from a query. File > Link > Drawing... This Project... Table with geometry column...

Then you choose whichever geometry source you like (or adjust your query to provide it).

Unlink or duplicate to give a fixed drawing.

Having said that, SELECT INTO or INSERT INTO is better sometimes.

hgmonaro45 post(s)
#19-Aug-15 01:14

thanks. now to think about how to apply usefully!

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.