Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - How to prevent Manifold from opening the same file twice
meenu6 post(s)
#21-Jul-15 04:38

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to write a script prompting Manifold to issue a warning message when someone tries to open the same file twice. We have this issue in our work environment, where more than one user accesses Manifold files on our server and sometimes by chance, if two people opens the same file and work on it at the same time, you cannot save it again unless you save it under a different name. Sometimes the same individual might accidentally open the same file twice too (which is not so much of a problem than two users opening the same file). I know you can write scripts for many functions on Manifold, and was wondering if anyone has written a script to help resolve this particular issue. For example, in MS Office applications, you get a warning window when you try to open a file that has been opened by another user, I was wondering if you could get Manifold to do the same.

Thanks

Meenu

mlinth
447 post(s)
#21-Jul-15 13:09

I can't answer your question directly, but I feel compelled to ask this.

Why are your users opening the same file? If you have multiple users sharing data and components, then I think you need some sort of shared storage model. Manifold works very well with database servers and its own Enterprise Server storage model sounds just right for your set-up.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.