Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - mao90210
mao90210
84 post(s)
#06-Jul-15 03:42

hello masters.. i just wanna ask if there's a way to be able to overlay a geotagged photos in manifold?

especially on the map??..

mao90210 from davao,philippines

atomek

422 post(s)
#06-Jul-15 11:14

Hi Mao,

Welcome to the forum :) First of all be aware that thread name is not your name but the subject of your message, in this case "Overlaying photos on a map" would be good. And you don't have to 'bump' or 'up' your threads, you will get a response if someone knows the answer, just don't expect it to come super-quick, know that Manifold users are spread across all time zones.

It is possible to overlay photos on a Map, treating them as Images. You can achieve that manually by:

1. Put ControlPoint1 on your Map where you want the images lower left corner to appear (I assume best position would be where the photo was taken / place it refers to, or some offset from that point)

2. Put ControlPoint2 on your Map where you want the images upper right corner to appear

3. Put ControlPoint1 on your Image (photo) lower left corner

4. Put ControlPoint2 on your Image uppoer right corner

5. Georegister you image

It's ok to do it like this for one or few images, but with more it's worth UI scripting.

atomek

422 post(s)
#06-Jul-15 17:37

Oh, and in terms of getting the geotagged location from photo's exif, read this thread:

http://www.georeference.org/forum/t109953.31

mao90210
84 post(s)
#07-Jul-15 03:48

hello atomek, im so sorry about the thread thing im just confused..hehe.. thanks for d info..

anyway, is there any other way of automatically overlaying the geotagged photos in manifold without manually georeferencing it?.. coz i thot the geotagged photos has already been oriented.. some gis software like QGIS and ARCGIS has this kind of option..what about manifold? im a manifold user and a newbie..:-)

i dont have a background in UI scripting..

cab76 post(s)
#14-Jul-15 03:52

There is a work around. Contact NAMRIA

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.