Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Setting Rotation on Map Features in Layouts
atrushwo108 post(s)
#04-Mar-15 23:11

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to rotate a map feature in a layout. I want to align a large series of layouts to a river reach. I think this is an easy fix, but I can't find the syntax.

Thanks,

Sub Main

set components = document.ComponentSet

set component = components.Item("Layout") 'The Layout

set feature = component.EntrySet.Item(0) 'The map

feature.Transform.Rotate = 45 'Doesn't work

End Sub

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#05-Mar-15 17:43

There are some threads covering the issue with this being the most comprehensive I can remember:

http://www.georeference.org/forum/t36541.19

Do you really want to ruin economy only to save the planet?

atrushwo108 post(s)
#05-Mar-15 18:25

Yeah, I have some code which changes the scope of a map within a layout based upon a tiled grid then exports to PDF. The problem is that currently my grid has to be oriented with north up. I wish to modify my existing code to be compatible with a rotation angle from an attribute in the grid tiles.

I understand the element rotation angle button and wish to use it through VBA. There is little merit in rotating the maps within the layouts manually as it would defeat the purpose of the grid export.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#06-Mar-15 13:24

I have some code which changes the scope of a map within a layout based upon a tiled grid then exports to PDF

Sound familiar see my Mfd_PlotManager. However I could not solve you problem of a layoutentry with rotated cutout.

Do you really want to ruin economy only to save the planet?

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.