Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Multiple Tabs reading information
AE2 post(s)
#11-Apr-14 22:21

Is there a way to have more than one tab read information off a symbol? Wanting to have 2 layers setup to read off of one symbol (old and new stuff) so I can hide the old and see the new, without having to mark thinks on both layers.

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#11-Apr-14 22:48

Correct me where it go wrong.

You have one drawing containing points. The points have attributes containing old and new data. You want to show the old data for each point in one map layer, and the new data in another.

Is that right? If so, you can do it by creating two Labels components from the points drawing, and specifying different attributes (or a different mix of attributes) for each of them.

AE2 post(s)
#11-Apr-14 22:52

Same map...have new work orders and old work orders (multiple on same locations) want to have 2 layers with the information read from one symbol. One layer hidden, and the other shown. (one layer 0=symbol, 1=nothing; the other layer 0=symbol, 1=different symbol)

cycloxslug70 post(s)
#11-Apr-14 23:34

I think what you are looking for is "themes" based on a single layer...you can add both themes to your map, the underlying data is in your drawing, but the themes can color/symbol/etc them separately without affecting the drawing. Hope that helps.

mapasPT1

468 post(s)
#12-Apr-14 16:28

I agree. The sample solution it's create two "themes", one for representing the old data and the other for the new data.

The "themes" are a virtual duplication of the original drawing where you can represent anything and preserve the original draw.

Sloots

678 post(s)
#13-Apr-14 07:15

Good to know is that the foreground color can be used to hide certain objects. Apply a thematic formatting and set some values to Transparant.

http://www.mppng.nl/manifold/pointlabeler

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.