The Business Tools package is an optional extension to Manifold System that provides additional commands for working with drawings. The extension adds functionality in several areas:
· Districts (Advanced) - Redistricting using a condensed, expert level dialog.
· Districts (Visual) - Redistricting via an easy-to-use visual, interactive dialog.
· Drive-Time Zones - Computation of drive-time zones via an easy-to-use, interactive dialog.
· Optimal Route - Finding an optimal route to designated locations using a condensed, expert level dialog.
· Optimal Route (Visual) - Finding an optimal route to designated locations via an easy-to-use, interactive dialog.
· Send Email - Automatically send email to map objects. Used to send spatially-targeted email.
· Topology Factory - An interactive dialog to view and repair common topological errors in drawings.
· Expanded programmatic access to routing and other functions.
If you do not have the optional Business Tools package enabled you will not have the above capabilities enabled within Manifold System. This documentation describes these commands but they will not be enabled if you do not have the Business Tools package enabled.
Installing Business Tools
The Business Tools package is built into your Manifold System installation and becomes enabled for use when activated. Activate it by providing a Business Tools serial number and Activation key that turn on Business Tools functionality. The process of activating the Business Tools extension is very similar to that used to activate Manifold System. See the Activation Keys and Serial Numbers topic and the Installing and Activating a Manifold Extension topic for details.
Some Manifold product options, such as Universal Edition or Ultimate Edition, use a single serial number and Activation key to enable permanent installation of both Manifold System as well as extensions. If you have activated Universal Edition or Ultimate Edition you do not need to individually turn on Business Tools or Geocoding Tools or Surface Tools. Activating Universal Edition or Ultimate Edition will also automatically turn on all three extensions.
Turning on Business Tools
If you have licensed Universal Edition, you do not need to turn on Business Tools. The Business Tools extension is automatically enabled with a Universal Edition serial number.
If you have not licensed Universal Edition and you wish to add Business Tools functionality to your installation, begin by acquiring a Business Tools license from manifold.net, which will provide you with a Business Tools serial number.
1. Login as Administrator if running Windows XP, 2000 or 2003. Close any programs running in background except essential Windows processes. (Temporarily shut off any virus checkers, network checkers, uninstallers, registry protectors and other programs that might limit the extent of Administrative privileges).
2. Launch Manifold System. Close any projects that may be open.
3. Choose Help - Activate Extension
4. Enter the Business Tools serial number. Enter it exactly as it was issued to you by manifold.net. Do not change upper case to lower case. Do not replace hyphens with space characters or make any other changes to the serial number. If desired, you may also enter an Activation key for the serial number as well. Press Accept.
5. Manifold will then exit. When re-launched, the Business Tools package will be enabled.
6. Using the serial number alone the Business Tools package may be run for 30 days from the date the serial number was issued. After that, an Activation Key must be fetched and provided to the Help - Activate Extension dialog together with the serial number. Once an Activation Key and a serial number have been provided to the Help - Activate Extension dialog the extension will be permanently installed. Don't forget to login as Administrator when permanently activating the Business Tools extension.
Status of Extensions
The Help - About dialog shows all extensions that have been installed. If a serial number only has been used to install an extension, the number of days left before an Activation key is also required will be shown.
Optimal Route (Visual)